Monday, December 1, 2014

Christmas Card

Hello and welcome! I hope you had a good weekend! I can't believe it is December all ready, time goes too fast. It is Monday and time for another Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, this week we are focusing on Christmas cards. 

I send out quite a lot of Christmas cards every year, and they are usually all different. This year, because of the news I shared yesterday, I will have to make another plan, probably a photocard of some kind. I simply don't have time to make all the cards. But I do have a few, and this is one of them. I used Simon Says Stamp Exclusive stamps and stencils to make this card.

I first coloured a piece of manila cardstock with Distress Inks, smearing them on my craft sheet and misting with water. When dry, the scene was stamped with Potting Soil ink and I coloured the images with Inktense pencils.

The background was stenciled with Frayed Burlap and Antique Linen, using Simon Says Stamp Stars and Dots stencil and Tim Holtz Rays stencil.

I stamped a sentiment also with Potting Soil and added some bling with Ranger's Gold Liquid Pearls.

I hope you will join us this week and get some of your Christmas cards done, at the same time as you might be the lucky one who wins a $50 gift voucher from Simon Says Stamp.

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/


Thank you so much for stopping by today!

Happy crafting!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Stamps: Simon Says Stamp: Nativity, Inside Holiday Greetings
Ink: Ranger Archival Ink: Potting Soil; Distress Ink: Frayed Burlap, Antique Linen, Gathered Twigs
Stencil: Simon Says Stamp: Stars and Dots; Stamper's Anonymous Tim Holtz: Rays
Pearls: Ranger Liquid Pearls: Gold
Pencils: Derwent: Inktense

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! But no worries folks will definitely understand that this is an extreme season for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is really beautiful and I love that wonderful sentiment. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic image and lovely card! Perfect for the time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Anna-Karin! Love the neutral color palette! The stenciled detail looks fantastic! The pearly dots and hearts add such a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous, Anna-Karin! Love the neutral color palette :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very sweet, quiet and peaceful card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice card, but I also wanted to congratulate you on your news. Being a mother is just the most amazing thing you will ever experience! Be kind to yourself. Look forward to the progress reports :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You have proved that even neutrals can pack a punch! I would've never thought to use the natural palette for a holiday card, but I really admire your vision because it turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is beautiful and has such a warm shine to it. Love the simplicity of the design.
    I have learned to enjoy making cards for people who I know will enjoy them when they receive them. Some people simply toss their cards so they are quite happy with a purchased card. Sadly, with the price of postage taking such a leap there will be fewer and fewer cards sent anyway this year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful card! love the tiny details.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As soon as I saw this, I fell in love with it ~ it's just gorgeous Anna-Karin and so much wonderful detail to admire! I love it!!
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the neutral tone of your wonderful card !!Simon's stamp is so beautiful and perfect for Christmas time!BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!