Sunday, August 3, 2014

Farm Scene Art Journal Page

Hello stampers! It's is a new month, and I can't believe it is already August. This month our challenge theme at Craft a Scene is to add a 4-legged animal to a scene.
 
I wanted to work in my art journal and decided to do a page in memory of my grandmother. She stayed on the countryside and we used to go for many walks with her in the forests and across fields, sometimes fields with cows. She was a little cautious of the cows. I did all the stamping with Archival Ink Potting Soil. The grass texture and some of the trees are stamped with second generation stamping to get a lighter impression. All the stamps are from Stampscapes.
 
The scene was inked with brown shades of Distress Ink and splattered with some Walnut Stain ink for extra texture.
 
The placement of the cows took a bit of planning, to get the proportions right.

The Lakeside Reflections stamp has water reflections in the front, you can easily turn it into a meadow stamp by wiping off the ink from the reflections before stamping.

And a sentiment that I am pretty sure that my grandmother would have liked.
 
Thank you for looking! I hope you will join us in the challenge this month.
 
Happy stamping!
 
Anna-Karin
 
Supplies:
Surfaces: Ranger Dylusions Small Creative Journal
Stamps: Stampscapes: Lakeside Reflections 150E, Leafless Limbs 052C, Tree Duo 085A, Tree Duo Lg. 086B, Cow 154B, Cow Pair 157A, Grazing Cow 172A, Hickory Shagbark 241E, Fir Row 243A, Sedge Filler 251C, Pebbles 256A, Old Barn Sm. 335D, Old Barn Fence Right 336D, Old Barn Fence Left 337D, Winter Twigs 367B, Sentiment Sheet 4
Ink: Ranger Archival Ink: Potting Soil; Distress Ink: Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap, Gathered Twigs, Walnut Stain

 

10 comments:

  1. Wow.I can't believe that this is all stamped.Awesome awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous scene, beautiful stamping!
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo beautiful!
    These and others before on the Craft a scene blog and in The Craftstamper give me so much inspiration that I try to make at least one every month... Thanks!
    Hope you enjoy summer, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowwwwww, wie wunderschön. Gefällt mir sehr gut.

    LG Carola

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning work Anna Karin - what a fabulous scene xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your scene is gorgeous and adorable, Anna-Kathrin.

    I love how you used the brown-tones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous Anna. I actually got my stampscapes stamps out the other day. They are fabulous stamps. Congrats too on being on Tims Team. Truly deserving

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome! I grew up on a dairy farm and I wish I could do something like this! fantastic, thanks, -con

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!