Saturday, July 5, 2014

The Boss Layout

Hello and welcome! I hope you have something nice planned for the weekend and that you'll get
some crafty time. A new CSI:Color, Stories, Inspiration case file is up:
 
 
My layout, using a lot of Tim Holtz products:
 
When I looked at the case file, I remembered these photos from when my dad and I went to a Bruce Springsteen concert - which also happened to have taken place on 4th of July. It is a funny story, we cycled to town, just to cycle around and hear the music, but we never really planned to go to the concert, since we didn't have tickets. On a whim we took a chance and asked at the ticket counter, and got two tickets. We parked our bicycles and walked in right when the first song started. The concert was fabulous and because it was unexpected it was even more fun than if we would have had tickets. From the evidence items I used: stars, flags, splatters, and stripes. The journaling and more photos are on the back of the layout.
 
I used Tim Holtz patterned paper for the background and smeared some gesso on top, to tone down the colours where I planned the photos to be. The arrows were sponged with Watering Can ink through an arrow stencil. I also stamped additional stamps (this row of stars is a favourite of mine) and splattered black ink on the page. The title was stamped with the Worn Text set.
 
The mini blueprint stamps were stamped on watercolour paper with Jet Black ink and watercoloured with Fired Brick, Faded Jeans and Iced Spruce. Apart from the star, I hadn't inked up the other two blueprint stamps yet, so I was happy to do that.
 
The watercolour panel behind the photos was done with the technique that Tim shared in his 12 tags of 2014 June tag. I used Faded Jeans and Fired Brick together with the star stencil. The banners were die cut with the Ribbon Flags die, from Laboratorie patterned paper, shaped a bit and tucked under the watercolour panel.
 
Some more stamping and I also used Chit Chat stickers to add some words. I almost forgot about the green colour in the case file, but a few clusters of green pearls did the trick.
 
Thank you so much for looking! I hope you will join us in the challenge!
 
Happy crafting!
 
Anna-Karin
 
Supplies:
Surfaces: Tim Holtz Idea-ology: Merriment Paper Stash, Laboratorie Paper Stash; Ranger Watercolor Paper
Dies: Sizzix: Ribbon Flags
Stamps: Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz: Worn Text, Mini Blueprints 2, Typography, Random Quotes
Ink: Ranger Archival Ink: Jet Black, Watering Can; Distress Ink: Iced Spruce, Fired Brick, Faded Jeans
Stencil: Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous: Arrows
Medium: Dina Wakley Ranger White Gesso
Embellishments: Tim Holtz Idea-ology: Mirrored Stars, Chit Chat stickers, Symphony Tissue Tape, Elements Tissue Tape

5 comments:

  1. Love this project! And what a fun experience to have with your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this LO Anna-Karin! And I am so jealous! The Boss in concert ... on a whim! What a great memory of time shared with your Dad. Love the stenciling and those ribbon flags are such a great addition to the piece. Pinned! -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anna-Karin! I don't scrapbook, but this is super-cool! Brilliant work, as ever! Love it! I hope you're having a nice weekend? Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your composition is so good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!