Monday, June 30, 2014

White Acetate Card

Hello everyone! It is Monday and a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is up. This week we are using white.
 
I made a card using a bunch of Simon Says Stamp Exclusive dies and stamps. I like the look of white and/or cream together with just a little bit of a colour - and here I used light green. The Full Card Bubble background is such a fun die, and I thought it was fun to die cut a white background and place it on an acetate cardbase, so that you can see through all the circles. It is a little hard to photograph.

The background was splattered with just a tiny bit of Bundled Sage Distress Ink and stamped with small sentiment stamps. I also die cut a sentiment from cream cardstock and placed it so that it is floating over one of the circles.

I am very fond of this All Seasons Tree die and wanted it to be my focal point, also die cut from cream cardstock. I die cut some extra leaves from white cardstock and placed behind some of the cream leaves.

There is also border consisting of a stamped border, lace, and the wonderful Heart Parade die. One of the hearts were inked with Sap Green Archival Ink and placed back into the outlines.

I finished the card with a little die cut tag and a sentiment stamped with Sap Green.

Join us this week in our challenge and you could be the lucky one who wins a $50 gift voucher from Simon Says Stamp, drawn randomly. Also, don't miss the wonderful project by my fellow DT members.


http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
 
Thank you for looking!!

Happy crafting!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Surfaces: Wendy Vecchi Clearly For Art Modeling Film; Neenah: Smooth Solar White, Smooth Cream
Dies: Simon Says Stamp: All Seasons Tree, Heart Parade, Full Card Bubbles, Life Family Love; Sizzix: Tag Collection
Stamps: Simon Says Stamp: Music 2 My Ears
Ink: Archival Ink: Sap Green; Distress Ink: Bundled Sage
Embellishments: Lace trim; twine

16 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! I love the ink splotches and die detailing! Great design with the acetate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a fun card - love that bubble die xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great card with so many fun elements. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card with the circle cut out. Love the combo of white with cream too! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute design, as always. I like the color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous layout! Love the touch of twine :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty Anna-Karin! I love all the die cuts you used especially the hearts! Thanks for the inspiration and enabling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! That background is gorgeous. I love the circles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cool and stylish, Anna-Karin - such a clever make!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful creation! Love the pretty die cut and all the gorgeous details. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such clever and unique use of shapes on this card! I love the sense of movement and energy you've created. I always enjoy the originality of your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun card Anna-KArin! I love the way that you've worked with acetate! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so beautiful and I love how you've combined all your elements with the acetate...it's really lovely Anna-Karin! Have a great weekend... :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is so cute! i love that tree die too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the whimsy of the circles on acetate! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how clean your layout looks with the neutral color scheme. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!