Saturday, November 30, 2013

CSI case file #100 - Happiness

Hello! This week we have come to case file #100 at CSI:Color, Stories, Inspiration. It is pretty cool to think of all the layouts that have been created for the challenge during these 100 case files. Here's this week's case file:
 
 
 
And my layout:
 
CSI case file 100 - Layers of ink
I always enjoy this colour combo and it works great with black and white photos. From the evidence items I used: stripes, Glossy Accents, numbers, stars, bricks, lightbulb, and borders. And from the testimony, I was inspired both by the Journal Sparks (I got journal about someone who makes you happy) and I also stamped a border on my journaling block.

I used watercolour paper for my base and painted stripes with watercolours, similar to the carpet on the inspiration photo. To make the yellow stripes, I adhered masking tape to the background, with even space in between, painted the yellow stripes and removed the masking tape. The grey stripes were done with the two different shades of grey in the case file and simply using a ruler. I wasn't aiming for perfection. Just remember to wipe the edge of the ruler off in between.

The background was stamped with different stamps using Archival Jet Black and Watering Can inks. I used mainly stamps by Tim Holtz and Darkroom Door. The stars were die cut from mat board, inked with Distress Ink, stamped with alphabet and number background and coated with Glossy Accents.

More stamping and a strip of tissue tape.

I love this Film frame stamp by Darkroom Door and it was the perfect size for the Tim Holtz sentiment stamp I wanted to use. The frame was stamped with Jet Black ink and the sentiment with Watering Can.

I used a mix of photography related stamps. The photo block needed a bit of yellow too, so I die cut a heart from the paper I had used to try out different shades of yellow paint.

Journaling: This is one of my favourite photos of the two of us, taken at a restaurant, during a very cosy winter holiday at the sea. You were almost one year old and crawled around everywhere having fun with your cousin. I love you.

Thank you for looking! I hope you can join us in our hundredth challenge!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Surfaces: Daler & Rowney watercolour paper; Tim Holtz Idea-ology French Industrial Paper Stash; Sizzix Little Sizzles White Mat Board 6 x 13
Dies: Sizzix: Stacked Stars, Mini Hearts
Stamps: Darkroom Door: Film Frame Stamp, Photography Set; Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz: Psychedelic Grunge, At the Movies, Ultimate Grunge, School Desk, Words for Thought; Graphic 45 Typewriter Letters
Ink: Ranger Archival Ink: Jet Black, Watering Can; Distress Ink: Iced Spruce, Black Soot
Paint: Daler & Rowney Watercolours
Embellishments: Tim Holtz Idea-ology: Laboratorie Tissue Tape; Prima: Small Typo Bulbs

5 comments:

  1. I just loved the bg with water colors..the strips look wonderful and so does the stamping on it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. FAntastic LO! THis picture is adorable! Love the combo color you used, grey and yellow is very cool! Barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layout, Anna-Karin. I love all the different letters and numbers, fonts and styles, including the handwritten section!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous layout Anna-Karin! Love all the beautiful background that you created and fun stars! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cool layout. Love this look and the details. Thanks for the inspiration you always give.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!