Friday, May 24, 2013

12 Tags of 2013 May

Hi! Today I am sharing my version of Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2013 May. I had lots of fun with the mix of rubs, stamps and Distress Stains. I haven't used rub-ons in quite some time.

12 tags of 2013 May - Layers of ink
I wanted to used the fabulous ship stamp, love Tim's transportation stamps and I am happy they are now available in a smaller size (Travel Ways set). When applying the rub-ons, I planned where the ship would be stamped so that I had a rough idea of what to place where. I didn't apply my rub-ons quite as distressed as Tim did, but instead, I sanded them a bit before inking the tag with Distress Stains.

I placed the distress stains (Salty Ocean, Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade) on my craft sheet so that it would roughly look like the sea and a sunset once they were transferred to the tag.  
 
I love the small word rub-ons, the perfect little addition to a project. The birds and compass were stamped and the rest of the images are rubs. The crinkle ribbon was dyed with Squeezed Lemonade and Salty Ocean.

I also added two mini gears which were distressed with Salty Ocean and Peeled Paint Distress Paint.

I first rubbed Salty Ocean paint into the words, then changed my mind and used white instead, which resulted in nice textured letters. The word band was dabbed with Black Soot paint to distress it and the brads were painted with Salty Ocean.

Star rubs on the ship, a number from Label Letters and I like the sentiment in the water, with the bits of white to highlight it.

I didn't have the enameled tags that Tim used, so instead I made my own by die cutting a tag from grungeboard with the Sizzix Tiny Tabs & Tags, which is a very useful die to have. I painted it white, sanded the edges and distressed it with a needle tool. It was inked with Black Soot and coated with my trusty Glossy Accents. When the Glossy Accents was dry, I rubbed on the words.

More rubs and stamping. The little bits of one of the text stamps from the Travel Ways set adds great texture.

Thank you for looking!!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Dies: Sizzix: Tiny Tabs & Tags
Stamps: Stamper's Anonymous Tim Holtz: Travel Ways, Warehouse District, Mini Ornates
Ink: Distress Ink: Black Soot, Salty Ocean; Ranger Archival Jet Black
Stain: Distress Stain: Squeezed Lemonade, Salty Ocean, Spiced Marmalade
Paint: Distress Paint: Picket Fence, Salty Ocean, Peeled Paint, Black Soot
Surfaces: Tim Holtz Idea-ology grungeboard; manila tag
Embellishments: Tim Holtz Idea-ology Remnant Rubs: Words, Numbers, Elements; Label Letters, Mini Gears, Word Bands, Crinkle Ribbon, Long Fasteners, Mini Fasteners
Adhesive: Ranger Glossy Accent

7 comments:

  1. So beautiful, love the rich colours of your tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tag . . . especially the gears and the steam-punkness :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your version. That ship is fantastic. Really admire your skill at color selection and blending. So inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So delicious, Anna-Karin - I love your ocean sunset, such amazing, glowing colours, and beautiful stamping/rub-ons together!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome tag, love your take!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant tag. Amazing color treatment. Can you imagine this on canvas? I can. You do beautiful work. Congratulations and thank you for sharing your art with us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!