Monday, October 22, 2012

Wendy Vecchi Inspired Frame

Hi everyone! This week we have a special guest at Simon Says Stamp and Show, the fabulous Wendy Vecchi. During the week she will post two tutorials. Looking forward to that! This week we are having an inspired by Wendy Vecchi challenge (you can see all her great Studio 490 products here). I hope you will play along with us!

I made a circle frame, using stamps and paint and a fun dimensional flower:

I used Wendy's fun Art Parts Large Circle Frame as the base for my frame, love how sturdy the art parts are.
 
I painted the circle cream and when dry with Jenni Bowlin Speckled Egg and Soap Powder paint. After it dried, I sanded it to reveal some of the cream paint and give it a worn look. I painted the frame cream too, but later changed my mind and painted it silver instead.

The great sentiment from Wendy's Celestial Art set was stamped with Versafine Onyx Black and clear embossed. I masked it with a piece of paper and stamped the surrounding areas with the large stamp from the same set using Versamark, and embossed with Ranger's Frosted Crystals Antiquities. Loved the effect, it was hard to photograph though.
 
The star of the frame is the dimensional flower, made from one of my favourite products, Wendy Vecchi Clearly For Art Modeling Film. If you visit my blog often, you have probably seen me use it before. I die cut flowers from the film using the Tattered Florals and Mini Tattered Florals dies. Then they were stamped with Stazon Platinum and Cotton White, using the background stamps from the Collectible Art, Well Worn Art, and Celestial Art sets. When the ink was dry, I heated each flower and shaped it. The film keeps its shape perfectly when cool. If you are not happy with the way a flower look, just reheat and shape it again. (Don't burn yourself.)

I layered all the flowers together and attached a jewel brad in the centre.

The flower got a lovely Blossom Bucket Lace Leaf which was painted, first with Stream, and then dry-brushed with Speckled Egg. When dry, I coated it in a thin layer of Distress Stickles Rock Candy.

After painting the frame silver, I sanded it and inked with Black Soot. Then it was covered with Rock Candy Distress Crackle paint. When the paint had dried, I pounced it with Tumbled Glass Distress Stain. I love the effect that gives.

I hope you will join us in the fun this week! Just like every week, our generous sponsor, Simon Says Stamp, gives a $50 gift voucher to one lucky participant.

9 comments:

  1. Wow Anna-Karin! Love this beautiful piece! The background is amazing and the frame is so pretty crackled! And then that fabulous flower! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna-Karin your circular frame is gorgeous, love the wonderful texture from the crackle. Your flower is gorgeous and you have embellished beautifully. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning piece, Anna-Karin! I really love the flower you made! It's so delicate looking and beautiful!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fabulous frame will make an excellent wall hanging. It is wonderful. NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anna-Karin...your Wendy Vecchi piece is so pretty. I love it! Thank you so much for the very kind comment that you left on my blog about my house that Wendy built. Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so PRETTY Anna-Karin!!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is such a cool project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! Love the build-up of layers on that frame... it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful texture around the edges! Love the sentiment and the flower lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!