Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Gift Box

Hi everyone! Today I have a gift box to share which I made with the Sizzix Eileen Hull Candy Drawer ScoreBoards die. It is the perfect size for a little gift and quick to make.

I made a chain maille necklace as a gift and needed a box for it and I thought the Candy Drawer die would be perfect. Since the box is cut from mat board, it is very sturdy and formed a perfect home for the necklace. First, I adhered a piece of Graphic 45 Kraft Reflections paper to a big enough strip of mat board, using multi-medium. I smeared a bit of Salty Oceans Distress Ink on my craft sheet, misted with water and dragged a piece of watercolour paper through it. When this was dry, I adhered it to another piece of mat board in the same way. Again, when the adhesive was dry, the ‘frame’ of the box was cut from the patterned paper piece, using my Big Shot, and the two drawer parts were cut from the watercolour piece.

I used one of my favourite sentiment stamps on the one side.

Before assembling the box, I stamped the blue parts randomly with a swirl stamp, using Salty Ocean ink, and stamped a sentiment on each side with Archival Ink Coffee. The ScoreBoards dies both cuts and scores, so assembly is very easy. If you want to see the separate pieces of the Candy Drawer, and how to assemble it, you can find step-by-step photos in my Chest of Drawers tutorial (which is also a fun example of a different way to use this die). Ink all the edges.

The flower was made with the 3D Fringed Flower die. The flower comes in three sizes on the die, and I cut two of each size (6 flowers in total) from canvas. To colour them, I smeared Distress Stain on my craft sheet (Broken China, Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap), misted the flowers with water and then dipped them into the ink. I frayed the edges a bit and dried them with my heat gun. They were layered together with a button in the centre.

The box was finished with a piece of lace.

Here's a view where you can see how it opens.

Thank you for looking!

Happy crafting!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Dies: Sizzix Candy Drawer ScoreBoards die, 3D Fringed Flower Bigz
Stamps: Hero Arts Magical Background CG211, Find Joy CL497
Inks: Distress Ink: Salty Ocean, Frayed Burlap, Vintage Photo; Archival Ink Coffee; Distress Stain: Broken China, Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap
Surfaces: Sizzix mat board; Graphic 45 Kraft Reflections patterned paper; watercolour paper; canvas
Other: button, lace

5 comments:

  1. Sooooo pretty! Love these colors. Anna-Karin, the techniques you come up with are sheer genius! Love this and am sure whoever got the necklace did too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the flower, the pretty lace, the amazing colour combo...

    great

    ReplyDelete
  3. brilliant idea! The box is as beautiful as the gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous color and design! Live the flower! Fab gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very lovely little box, Anna-Karin. I love the vintage feel and the blue is so soft. NancyD

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!