Sunday, May 6, 2012

Dry Embossed Rose tutorial

Hi everyone! Today I am sharing another tutorial on the Sizzix blog, this time I decided to do a dry embossing tutorial. Since it is Mother's Day in a large part of the world next week, I thought I would make some cards that would fit well for Mother's Day. I used a fun technique combining dry and heat embossing, gradually building up colour. These are the cards:


I used a pretty Roses embossing folder. Sometimes I struggle to use 'non-background' folders, which is why I wanted to play around with it. And:


I did two versions of the technique, using both sides of the embossing folder, as well as a bonus card (a second version of the first card, which I happened to like a bit better).


If you want to see step-by-step photos and instructions for these cards, you can find them here, on the Sizzix blog.

I hope you like it!

Have a great day!

Anna-Karin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!