Monday, September 19, 2011

Spring Birch

Some happy news, my Fall card was picked as the Super 6 winner at Card Patterns!

My mom once gave me a printed kitchen towel which is far too pretty to be used in the kitchen. Instead, I’ve hung it on my one bookshelf as an extra sun protection for the containers my photos are stored in. It hangs right in front of me as I sit at my desk and for quite some time now, I have wanted to do a card inspired by the towel. Recently, I got hold of this birch stamp which was perfect for the project. I love birch trees with their white trunks and spring green leaves.


The tree was stamped on watercolour paper and I drew a few additional branches to make it extend a bit more into the scene. The watercolour background was done with Distress Inks, smeared on my craft sheet, misted with water and applied with a paint brush. I used a torn piece of paper as a mask. The leaves were applied with the same technique, mixing Shappy Shutters and Crushed Olive, and using a brush in a pretty random manner. When the scene was finished, I was thinking that I should perhaps have left a little bit more of white space among the leaves.
Thanks so much for looking!

Supplies: Sutter Stamps Right Birch I-2151; Stampscapes Ducks in formation 027A; Distress Ink: Peeled Paint, Shabby Shutters, Crushed Olive, Tumbled Glass, Black Soot; Versafine Onyx Black; watercolour paper.

1 comment:

  1. Jätte fint stämpelkort! Kommer handduken från Horred?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!